Superior screen for video, screen-mirroring, and more
Swap out your factory radio and keep the elegant look with Sony's XAV-AX6000 digital multimedia receiver. Its bezel-less 6.95" capacitive touchscreen responds accurately to touch and its anti-glare technology ensures you have a clear view of onscreen controls even on the brightest days. And for those of you who love your buttons, volume, track-skipping controls, and more are easy to access.
Since we're talking Sony, you can count on great video quality when you connect your phone or video source via HDMI. You'll get HD video playback as well screen-mirroring capability, when the parking brake is engaged. Plus, you can really dial in your style with customizable wallpaper and expansive sound-sculpting tools.
Smartphone fun, without wires
Without exceptional smartphone integration, a new car stereo just isn't as exciting or useful. Thankfully, Sony includes the very best in the XAV-AX6000, with onboard Android Auto and Apple CarPlay that you can access with a wireless connection.
Android Auto (wired and wireless): Android Auto integrates the Android platform into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps.
Apple CarPlay (wireless only): CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too.
High-quality wireless audio streaming
Sony incorporates LDAC technology into this receiver, so can wirelessly stream high-quality audio from compatible devices at 96 kHz / 24-bit sampling. That's a significant improvement over conventional Bluetooth streaming. But when you need it, you'll always be able to use Bluetooth for streaming audio and hands-free phone calls.
Even more sources
You'll find a USB-C input for keeping your phone charged or playing back files from a flash drive – including FLAC audio and a variety of video file types. Add an optional backup cam to the mix, and you'll be happy to back into the tightest parking spots. Sony's quick wake-up feature that ensures you'll see what's behind you shortly after turning on your car.
If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Sony to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
Superior tools for sculpting your sound
Sony builds in a handy array of tools that help you bring your favorite music to life. A 14-band EQ lets you dial in your personal preferences or select from a variety of preset EQ curves, while the 3-zone crossover lets you pull together the fine-tuning of your front speakers, rears, and sub. Plus, you can use Sony's time alignment feature to overcome inaccuracies created by your vehicle's speaker locations.
Plenty of room for wiring
Since the XAV-AX6000 doesn't have a disc player, it can go into a lot more spaces than a regular radio. The front is the same size as a typical double-DIN (4" tall) receiver, but the actual chassis is just a single-DIN (2" tall) opening height. And it's shallower than typical stereos, so you can tuck the wiring underneath the chassis to make sliding it into the dash easier.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The XAV-AX6000 offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios. In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Sony's screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you've identified your vehicle, you'll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it's compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" capacitive touchscreen display with brushed aluminum key terminal
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- connect a video source via HDMI
- high-quality wireless LDAC audio streaming
- works with Apple CarPlay (wireless only) and Android Auto (wired/wireless)
- voice control with Siri and Google Assistant
- plays media from USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 14-band equalizer with time alignment
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear micro-HDMI, rear USB-C input, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/55 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- CTA-2006 compliant
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
What's in the box:
- Digital multimedia receiver (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness (attached 6.5' parking brake wire)
- Camera/Preout harness
- 3-Wire to 3.5mm SWC adapter
- 59" USB-C extension cable
- GPS antenna (attached 10' cable terminated by a FAKRA connector)
- GPS Antenna mounting plate
- Microphone with visor-bracket (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle mono-3.5mm connector)
- Surface bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Four M5x9mm ISO-screws
- 2 Cable-ties
- Operating Instructions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.