Double the power, double the fun
Pioneer's GM-D1004 4-channel amplifier will power your front and rear speakers with 45 watts RMS each — that's almost three times the power of a typical factory radio or aftermarket receiver. Even better, this compact amplifier runs so efficiently that it can often get its power from the same circuit as your receiver, saving you some wiring hassles. And its tiny size means you can install it almost anywhere, even behind the dash in many vehicles.
You can bridge a couple of the GM-D1004's channels together and drive a subwoofer with 90 watts while still powering a pair of front speakers. Universal harnesses let you get signal from an aftermarket receiver's RCA outputs or a factory radio's speaker wiring.
Important note: If your car receiver's power circuit is protected by a 15-amp or larger fuse (check your fuse box or owner's manual), you can tap into it to power your GM-D1004. Otherwise, you'll have to run a power wire to the battery. Be sure to add a 15-amp inline fuse as close to the battery as possible.
- compact 4-channel car amplifier
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 2 or 4 ohms
- 90 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class FD amp technology
- universal harnesses let you get signal from RCA outputs or speaker-level wiring
- can run off same power circuit as receiver (must be 15-amp or more)
- switchable front and rear high- and low-pass filters (80 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- fuse: 15A
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended, when necessary
- dimensions: 8-1/8"W x 1-9/16"H x 2-9/16"D
- MFR # GM-D1004
What's in the box?
- 4-Channel amplifier
- One 15 amp mini blade fuse (installed)
- 8" Line-level input harness (proprietary plug on one end/four female RCA jacks on the other)
- 39" Speaker-level input harness
- 39" Power/Output harness
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Two 3/4" Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||45 x 4
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||45 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||90 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-40k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||74 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||80 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA 2006 Compliant: The Pioneer GM-D1004 4-channel amplifier power ratings are measured according to the Consumer Electronics Association's CEA-2006 standards. These standards allow you to accurately compare the rated power output of all CEA-2006 compliant amplifiers, even from different brands. Manufacturers who adhere to the standards can display the CEA-2006 logo on their products and packaging. CEA-2006 Specifications:
- 45 watts x 4 at 4-ohms with <1% THD+N
- 45 watts x 4 at 2-ohms with <1% THD+N
- 90 watts x 2 at 4-ohms with <1% THD+N (bridged)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 74 dBA
Class-FD Amp: A Class-D amplifier offers higher power in a smaller chassis than conventional Class-AB amp designs. Pioneer's Class-FD design not only delivers full-range Class-D amplification, but is more efficient than other designs. The compact design provides many installation options.
Channel Layout: The GM-D1004 is a 4-channel amplifier; both halves are bridgeable, so it can be wired as 4-channel, 3-channel, or 2-channel.
Auto Turn-on: When using a speaker level input, a signal sensing circuit will automatically turn the amp on and off along with the source unit.
Input Select Switch: The amplifier's input select switch allows you to choose between 4-channel and 2-channel mode. The 2-channel mode only requires connections to the front inputs.
Gain: The amplifier gain is fixed:
- RCA input: 28 dB (1.0 volt max input)
- Speaker level input: 8 dB (10 volt max input)
Crossovers: The front and rear amplifier sections have independent crossover controls; each has can be set to low pass, high pass, or off (full range). The crossover points are fixed at 80 Hz and the slope it 12 dB/octave.
Power/Output: The power, ground, remote turn-on, and speaker output wires are housed in a single harness.
Signal Input: Use one of the included input harnesses, line-level or speaker-level.
Dimensions: The approximate amplifier dimensions are:
- 7-1/4" (chassis)
- 7-3/4" (including wiring)
- 8-1/8" (including mounting brackets)
- Height: 1-1/2"
- Depth: 2-1/2"