Providing plenty of clean power is key to getting great sound on a boat. JL Audio's 5-channel MHD900/5 marine amplifier will push out four channels of 100 watts RMS to two sets of marine speakers, along with 500 watts RMS to your sub, from a 2" tall chassis with a footprint the size of a sheet of computer paper. This amp is a great choice to power a "four satellites and a sub" system where space is limited.
JL Audio high tech
The amp's sub channel uses Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply (R.I.P.S.) technology to ensure and maintain full output power with any subwoofer load from 1.5 to 4 ohms. The main channels have been regulated to produce optimum output power at 4 ohms. JL Audio uses their patented Single Cycle Control™ technology to eliminate distortion in the output stages. Differential-balanced inputs filter out noise before it hits the preamp stages, and allow you to connect the amp to just about any stereo.
A gasketed panel protects the controls, and stainless-steel connection hardware prevents corrosion. Removable power and speaker plugs make it easy to pop this amp out if you need the space, or want to put the amp in storage.
You can use JL Audio's optional stack kit to mount one MHD Series amp on top of another, for a very cool-looking installation that'll produce maximum power from minimum space.
- 5-channel marine amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1.5 to 4 ohms
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 1.5 to 3 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1.5 to 4 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 3 to 6 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 8 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1
- Class D amp design with Single Cycle Control and R.I.P.S. (Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply)
- frequency response: 12-28,000 Hz (main channels); 12-10,000 Hz (sub channel)
- variable high-pass filter on front and rear channels (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (50-500 Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter on subwoofer channel (30 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- optional wired remote for sub level control
- removable power and speaker plugs
- optional HD stacking kit for stacking multiple MHD amps together
- differential-balanced inputs help eliminate noise
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 10-3/4"W x 2"H x 9-1/2"D
- MFR # 98226
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel class-D amplifier
- Power/Ground/Turn-On plug
- Two 2-speaker connection plugs
- One 1-speaker connection plug
- 4 Mounting feet
- 2.5mm Allen-wrench
- 4mm Allen-wrench
- four M4x40mm Flat head machine screws
- JL Audio badge
- Owner's manual
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.