First they introduced the Passport Max. Now, they take it to the max again with the Escort Passport Max2! With built-in Bluetooth® and GPS functionality, The Max2 combines high performance with sleek style for a new type of radar detector that's as smart as it looks!
Escort's best just got better
The original Escort Passport Max radar detector boasts extremely long-range protection with with rapid digital signal processing for lightning-fast warnings. And its built-in GPS technology keeps tabs on speed traps, cameras, and false alert locations. It's tough to improve on hardware like this, but Escort found a way. The Passport Max2 adds Bluetooth connectivity to the feature set and performance of the Passport Max, providing seamless integration with the Escort Live smartphone app for real-time updates on enforcement areas along your travel path.
The Passport Max2 guards you against X-, K-, and Ka-band radar signals, plus POP and laser threats. Escort's advanced sensors now look for the signature of each signal the Passport Max2 encounters, to weed out false alerts and to get the information to you more quickly. This versatile radar detector is also invisible to VG-2 radar-detector detection.
The multi-color OLED display provides you with all the info you need. You can choose the backlight color to complement your vehicle's interior lighting, and the easy-to-recognize icons and graphics really stand out on the detector's screen. You'll also get voice alerts so you can make timely decisions while keeping your eyes on the road.
Camera location database
The Passport Max2 comes with a preloaded database of safety, red-light, and radar camera locations across North America, allowing the detector to warn you when you get near. You can download updates, back up your data, and maintain the database through Escort's website. You'll need a subscription and a Windows®-based computer to update the Passport Max2's database — update subscriptions are available through Escort's website.
Keep track of significant spots
Just tap a button on the keyboard to store locations along the road where the speed limit drops quickly, or where you might encounter heavy enforcement. The Passport Max2 will warn you when you approach them in the future. Or press the mute button at the location of a known false signal — the detector will remember the signal, muting the alert the next time you pass by. You'll hear an alert if another type of signal comes from the same location. The AutoLearn feature can even lock out false alarms after three encounters with them in the same location without you having to do anything at all.
Bluetooth communication with the Escort Live app
The Escort Live app is a simple way to get your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone involved in reducing your stress while driving. The app combines your GPS location information with real-time reports from other Escort Live users to keep you abreast of potential threats in your vicinity. You can also use the app to report your own sightings of enforcement or other potential travel hazards, which will then be instantly available to other Escort Live users. The app also alerts you to major changes in the posted speed limit, so you can stay on top of the situation.
With the Passport Max2's built-in Bluetooth connectivity, you can simply pair the detector with your phone for instant wireless communication between the detector and the app — no additional hardware or cords needed. The Escort Live app is free to download, but a subscription fee is required to use many aspects of the Escort Live service — Escort includes a 1-year trial of the Escort Live Premium service with purchase of the Passport Max2 detector.
Make necessary adjustments
You can set a number of features on the Passport Max2 to accommodate your driving comfort level, including which radar bands you wish to monitor, which meter you'd like to see when a signal is detected, and other enhancements. If you want, you can have the detector warn you when you're going faster than a pre-determined speed limit. You'll have three sensitivity levels to choose from, and five different brightness settings, including fully dark.
Traffic Signal Rejection
Escort's proprietary Traffic Signal Rejection software goes even further to reduce false alerts. It detects strong K-band signals emitted by common highway traffic flow sensors and filters them out, eliminating meaningless alarms so you can stay focused on the real threats.
Escort road extras
Escort includes a travel case, a "Sticky Cup" windshield mount, and a 12-volt SmartCord with the Passport Max2. The SmartCord features smart and coiled sections and allows you to see alerts when the detector's in fully dark mode, or to mute the detector without touching it. And when it's time to update the database of cameras and enforcement areas, the detector's mini-USB input makes it easy for data transfer from your computer.
- radar/laser detector featuring Bluetooth, GPS protection, and preloaded database of red-light and radar cameras
- "Sticky Cup" WINDSHIELD MOUNT
- padded case and straight/coiled SmartCord cord with mute button and alert LED
- headphone jack
- mini-USB input
- color OLED graphic display with multiple display modes
- detects 3 radar bands (selectable) and POP
- 360° laser protection
- digital voice and audio tone alerts for radar, laser, and POP
- Traffic Sensor Rejection software eliminates false alerts from roadside traffic flow sensors
- sensitivity modes: highway, Auto (speed-based), and Auto No X
- VG-2 immunity (invisible to radar detector detectors)
- 8 programmable features
- Mute, AutoMute, and SmartMute modes
- camera database updates requires USB-to-mini-USB connection (cable not included) and computer running Windows XP or Vista
- camera database updates available via Escort website
- "Mark Location" feature remembers points for future warnings
- AutoLearn feature remembers sources of false signals and mutes alerts
- over-speed alert
- wireless compatibility with Escort Live real-time service through smartphone app (1-year free trial subscription included)
- dimensions: 3-3/16"W x 1-3/8"H x 5-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Please verify that this item is LEGAL in your State or Country of Usage, we are not responsible for the usage of this item if not Legal in your Location.
- We do NOT Condone traveling faster than the Posted Legal Speed Limit.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.