Merrily, merrily down the stream (-ing music)
Clarion's M508 digital media receiver lets you stream music from your smartphone or any Bluetooth device to your boat's sound system. Bluetooth aptX processing (also found in many Android smartphones) restores the sparkle that's lost during compression, so you'll enjoy much better sound quality.
Shape your sound your way
Clarion built this rugged marine receiver to last, but it's also designed to deliver outstanding sound. The 3-band parametric equalizer lets you adjust the highs, mids, and lows to suit your preferences, and you can use the built-in frequency filters and subwoofer controls to get the best possible performance from your system. You'll find the four sets of preamps handy if you're adding amplifiers to your sound system.
Dual zone control lets you split the boat into two distinct areas to suit your needs, one zone powered by the radio and the second by an external amp (sold separately). You'll be able to crank up the bow speakers and leave the cabin speakers at a more conversational level.
Make the most of your music sources
The M508 gives you mastery over your music collection. If you're a Pandora® Internet radio fan, you can listen to your favorite stations when your iPhone's connected via USB. Song and artist information shows up clearly on the sharp-looking black-on-white 2-line display.
If you've ripped your entire CD collection and gone digital, you can plug a thumb drive into the front USB port and enjoy all your favorite MP3 or WMA tunes, or you can play your digital music player through the handy front AUX input. You can also enjoy the vast array of programming on satellite radio by connecting a SiriusXM tuner (sold separately).
Tune into terrestrial radio
Clarion's excellent AM/FM tuner hauls in plenty of local radio stations, no matter where in the world "local" might turn out to be. You'll also be able to get the latest on changing conditions from the Weather Band.
The black-on-white face makes it easy to see what you're tuned into at the moment, and the controls make changing channels or sources a breeze, even when you're underway.
Clarion has earned its reputation for building marine electronics tough enough to withstand salt water, heavy fog, blistering sunlight, and lashing rain. The M508 is a versatile, multi-source receiver that's tough enough to handle the extremes of a marine environment.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- marine digital media receiver with AM/FM/WB tuner
- no internal CD player — plays MP3 and WMA music files from your iPod and other external sources
- built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
- Bluetooth aptX for superior sound quality from Android phones
- enjoy Pandora using your iPhone®
- 2-line black-on-white LCD display
- for single-DIN applications
- specially sealed against the elements for use in the marine environment
- conformal-coated PCB circuit board
- covers for front USB and AUX inputs
- NMEA 2000 connectivity with optional MW6 module
- marine remote ready
- 3-band EQ with 11 preset sound curves
- fully-adjustable fader and control subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- built-in iPod control
- inputs: front USB and AUX inputs
- outputs: 8-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, sub, zone 2)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- chassis width: 7.185"
- chassis height: 2.055"
- nose width: 7.405"
- nose height: 2.275"
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR #92701