Extreme bass fits in more places
The Type-R Subs have been designed to offer more installation flexibility and application versatility to build the ideal sound system. At 149 mm for the 10” (25 cm) and 162 mm for the 12” (30 cm), these new designs offer even greater output capability.
More Excursion = More Output
The new FEA-Optomized Motor Structure together with our revolutionary High-Amplitude Multi Roll (HAMR) Suspension Design gives the new Type-R Subwoofers the highest X-max and SPL output in the category.
With a real-world, measured 21 mm of X-max, allow the new Type-R Subwoofers to deliver the best-in-class bass output, ultra-low distortion, and unparalleled sound quality.
More Motor Force = More Control
Starting with a new ten piece, segmented magnet structure, the new Type-R subwoofers deliver more accurate, louder and cleaner bass with even more control. This new magnet assembly is also an integral part of the next generation of Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC cooling system.
Keep it Cool = Keep it Playing
Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC Heatsink and Airflow Management System (US Patent #7,634,101) helps to minimize power compression and ensures reliable long playing time by actively eliminating output-robbing heat away from the Voice Coil. The new one-piece cast aluminum frame with integrated shorting sleeve uses the entire frame as a heatsink, to allow for sustained power output and handling, even in the most extreme of applications.
FEA Optimized = Maximum Linearity
Alpine’s Patented Compound Radius Curve pole geometry ensure for an ultra symmetrical magnetic field, while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
Improved Power Handling
The oversized 65 mm voice coil offers more than 35% more surface area, allowing for increased power handling to 600W RMS / 1800W Peak. To get the best performance, we recommend you pair Type-R subs with Alpine’s new PDX digital amplifiers.
4 Unique Alpine Technologies
1. FEA Optimized HAMR Surround
The High-Amplitude Multi Roll Surround Design allows for extreme excursions without sacrificing valuable cone area. FEA Optimized for linearity and made with injection-molded Santoprene ®, the HAMR surround is a key part of the suspension system that allows for extreme excursions with accurate, distortion-free control.
2. FEA Optimized Spider w/reinforced Layer Spider Integration
Ensures reliable and consistent control of the tinsel-leads to eliminate any possible mechanical noises or interference typical of many high-excursion designs.
3. Redial Vented VC Heat Sink & Airflow Management System
Actively manages voice coil temperatures by forcing air directly across the heatsink system.
4. FEA Optimized Machined CRC Motor Structure
Creates a symmetrical magnetic field while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
- Material: Oversized Hairline-Textured Mica Poly Dustcap w/
Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Paper Cone Body
- Design: 2-Piece Parabolic
- Material: Injected Molded Santoprene®
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll H.A.M.R Surround Design (Patent Pending)
- Material: Conex®
- Design: 10 Segment High-Roll Progressive Design
- Material: 180ºC High Temp Wire on Sprial-Cut Aluminum Bobbin
- Design: 4-Layer Dual Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: FEA Optimized Design w/ Compound Radius
- Pole Geometry
- Configuration: Radial Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow
- Management System (Patent #7,634,101)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Perimeter Vented Heat Transfer (Patent Pending),
- Integrated Shorting Sleeve and Airflow Management System
- Layout: One Sided
- Design: Heavy Duty 8 gauge Push with Housing, Banana Plug Jumper
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration (Patent #6,810,988)
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System
- Power Range: 300W - 1000 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 1000W
- Peak Power Handling: 3000W
- Mounting Depth: 149mm (5.875′′)
- Mounting Diameter: 231mm (9.1′′)
- Displacement: 0.08 cu. Ft.
- Added Volume: 0.05 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Frequency Response: 26Hz - 200Hz
Have Questions About This Product? Message us here or:
Email Us At: email@example.com
Call Us At: 315-458-5000