Add some bass to your factory system
Alpine's KTP-190U "Power Pack" mono amplifier can power a 2-ohm sub with 60 watts RMS, yet this compact amp will fit behind most dashboards for a truly stealthy installation. The KTP-190U can also send 90 watts to a 1-ohm load safely, so it's a great choice as a replacement amp for a low-impedance factory sub. The KTP-190U will work with most non-premium factory radios and aftermarket receivers, but it's not a plug-and-play installation — you'll have to wire it into your system.
A low-pass filter helps keep your subwoofer sounding fat and full, and an optional wired remote will let you control the level from your front seat. In terms of power, the KTP-190U matches up well with most factory radios or aftermarket receivers.
Installation note: If your car receiver's power circuit is protected by a 15-amp or larger fuse (check your fuse box or owner's manual), you can tap into it to power your KTP-190U. Otherwise, you'll have to run a power wire to the battery. Be sure to add a 10-amp inline fuse as close to the battery as possible.
You can install this compact amp behind most dashboards, and can splice into your speaker wiring to get signal to the KTP-190U.
- compact mono subwoofer amplifier
- 30 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (60 watts RMS at 2 ohms)
- 90 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- designed for systems powered by factory radio or aftermarket receiver
- no RCA inputs: universal harness lets you get signal from speaker-level wiring
- runs off same power circuit as receiver (must be 15-amp or more)
- Class D amp technology
- built-in low-pass crossover (selectable 80, 100, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave)
- fuse: 10A
- 12-gauge power and ground leads recommended, when necessary
- dimensions: 5-3/8"W x 1-9/16"H x 2-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # KTP-190U
What's in the box:
- Mono subwoofer amp
- Two 10-amp ATO fuses (one installed/one spare)
- 24" Power/Speaker harness
- Four 1/2" Phillips/Hex-head mounting screws
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information