Ultimate phone friendliness with Alpine sound
Alpine's INE-W977HD navigation receiver doesn't just lead you from point A to B and help you find cool stopping points in between — it boasts trademark Alpine audio enhancements and plays nicely with your smartphone. Its 7" screen gives you plenty of real estate to take in maps, album artwork, and other vital info, so you'll always be on top of the situation. And, since it doesn't offer a disc player, it can fit into most vehicles with 4" tall dash openings.
A smarter way to enjoy your smartphone
Looking for a safe, smart way to make use of your iPhone® or Android™ smartphone while you drive? Alpine designed the INE-W977HD to work seamlessly with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. No matter what phone you (or your passengers) prefer, you can access the apps you need without getting distracted from the matter at hand — driving your vehicle. The INE-W977HD gives you fingertip or voice control of your apps, and the 7" capacitive touchscreen works just like a tablet, so you'll feel right at home.
Drive nearly anywhere with confidence
Take a trip nearly anywhere in the U.S. or Canada, and you'll enjoy detailed road maps and over seven million included points of interest. You'll also have time-saving assistants like lane guidance, realistic views of complicated interchanges, and 3D representations of buildings, landmarks, and terrain to help keep you on the correct course. You'll even receive real-time traffic reports in most metropolitan areas for as long as you own the Alpine, at no additional cost.
Stay connected with Bluetooth®
Built-in Bluetooth allows you to use the INE-W977HD for hands-free calling and music streaming through your compatible phone. The large touchscreen buttons for dialing and volume promote convenient operation.
Control with your fingers and voice
This Alpine's 7" display features capacitive touchscreen control, similar to your smartphone or tablet. You can pinch-to-zoom the receiver's maps for a better view, or enlarge or shrink album artwork with your fingers. Four-way swipe control allows you to move between screens and functions with ease. The dedicated "Voice" button lets you pull up Apple CarPlay or Android Auto commands quickly. It also offers dedicated hard keys along the bottom of the screen so you can control functions like navigation and music sources without going through menu screens.
HD Radio™, Pandora® Internet radio, and more
You'll have a wide variety of entertainment options at your disposal with the INE-W977HD:
- HD Radio reception: You'll enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you'll see station and song info on the screen.
- Pandora® Internet radio and iPhone and iPod® control: Easy on-screen control through Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and you can also control Pandora through Bluetooth with your Android device if your device isn't connected.
- Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and your paid subscription.
Add even more functionality with these accessories
The INE-W977HD does a lot right out of the box. But these Alpine accessories can add even more functionality to what's already an amazing receiver.
Customize your truck: If your truck or SUV is equipped with an aftermarket winch, light bar, air compressor, or other electrical accessories, you can control that gear through the INE-W977HD, too.
Add another HDMI input: The iNE-W977HD has one HDMI input, which is impressive enough, but in today's world, you might need more. If you want to use both your smartphone and another video source through your receiver's display.
Add a disc player: This compact, single-DIN player fits into discreet spots in your vehicle, like a glove box or under a seat. With an HDMI connection to a monitor and the option to channel audio through an optical output, you'll get the best possible picture and audio.
TuneIt 2.0 app for awesome audio
The INE-W977HD also works with Alpine's TuneIt 2.0 smartphone app, which is a real time-saver for making audio fixes. For starters, it allows you to create a user profile with info about your vehicle and Alpine system, including speakers and subs. You can then follow simple instructions for adjusting sound settings for your specific vehicle (if available), or choose from pre-made settings within the app designed by Alpine for both the vehicle and your speakers.
You can use your phone's touchscreen to make the changes to the 9-band parametric equalizer, crossover, and time correction with just a fingertip. You can then share your system and settings with other TuneIt app users, and see what they've done as well. You can link your TuneIt account to your Facebook account and get notifications through social media.
More sonic possibilities
The INE-W977HD boasts front and rear independent EQs, so you can fine-tune the audio for each listening position in your vehicle. The TuneIt 2.0 app also offers Alpine's Bass Engine SQ tuning feature, which lets you determine which low-frequency characteristics you want to emphasize. It automatically adjusts EQ, sub level, and crossover settings to give you the kind of bass you desire without hassle.
And speaking of great sound, this Alpine lets you play FLAC audio files from your thumb drive, so you can enjoy your lossless tunes as you travel.
Adding a disc player or have a thumb drive with video files on it? You can use the receiver's HDMI connection to connect to send video to your vehicle's rear-seat entertainment system to keep your passengers happy. Independent dual-zone video control lets you watch movies up front and send different video content to the back while you're parked.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your car's factory extras
The INE-W977HD offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios. The module lets you keep factory features in your Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, or VW vehicle that you'd otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You'll also be able to check out expanded functionality on the Alpine's screen, including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure and temperature monitors. With select rear-view cameras, you'll even get parking guidelines that curve with the motion of your steering wheel.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs or DVDs.
Some states and localities prohibit or restrict the use of video and information displays in vehicles – it is your responsibility to see if any restrictions or prohibitions apply in your area.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 7" capacitive touchscreen
- built-in GPS navigation
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- Android Auto compatible
- Apple CarPlay compatible
- built-in iPod and iPhone control
- Siri Eyes Free control with select iPhones
- Pandora control through iPhone and Android
- Alpine Connect app gives you access to iHeartRadio®, Yelp®, Glympse®, and Spotify
- HDMI/MHL cable required for viewing video content from compatible Android devices
- built-in navigation system with 3D representations of buildings, landmarks, and terrain
- maps of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, plus 7 million points of interest
- free lifetime HERE traffic service in metropolitan areas
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- lane assistance and junction view
- plays USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- compatible with Alpine TuneIt 2.0 app for sonic profile settings and adjustments through your smartphone
- 9-band parametric EQ
- front/rear independent EQ settings
- time correction
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- dual-zone A/V output
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with optional Accessory Control Module and Multi-Camera Selector Interface
- inputs: HDMI input; rear USB input; rear A/V input (occupied if used with optional iDatalink Maestro module); rear-view camera input
- outputs: HDMI output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- retains factory settings in select Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # INE-W977HD
- Navigation receiver w/ integrated 7" LCD touchscreen
- Wiring harness
- Pre-out harness
- Mic/SWC harness
- iDatalink/Aux/Camera harness
- Camera input adapter
- 5' USB extension cable
- GPS antenna (w/ attached 8' cable)
- Microphone (w/ attached 12.5' cable)
- Mic bracket
- Two-sided tape
- Self-adhesive pad
- 3 Cable-clips
- 4 Pan-head machine screws (M5x8mm)
- 4 Countersunk machine screws (M5x8mm)
- HDMI connector-clamp
- Quick Reference Guide
- Installation Manual
- Online Registration Sheet
- Revision notice