Uni-Q Driver Array: The LS50 bookshelf loudspeakers feature KEF's patented Uni-Q driver configuration, in which the tweeter is mounted at the acoustic center of the midrange cone. With both acting as a single point source, the sound is dispersed widely and evenly throughout the listening area allowing you to experience superbly defined and perfectly balanced stereo imagery with a wide "sweet spot". The Uni-Q driver array is made up of a 1" aluminum vented-dome tweeter and a 5.25" magnesium/aluminum alloy cone woofer.
- 1" Aluminum Vented-Dome Tweeter: The geometry of the tweeter dome matches that of the midrange cone to avoid disrupting the waveform. By smoothening high frequency response, this helps to account for the detailed and strikingly natural-sounding treble. The 1" aluminum vented-dome tweeter utilizes a Tangerine Waveguide to encourage the sound to radiate spherically for wider, more even dispersion so that everyone in the room enjoys the same superb sound quality. A large internal vent prevents potentially distorting high pressures from building up behind the dome in the critical vocal region, preserving all the nuance and fine detail of the original performance.
- 5.25" Magnesium/Aluminum Alloy Woofer: The 5.25" woofer uses a magnesium/aluminum alloy cone that is light, stiff, and smooth for natural midrange and midbass sound. A well as allowing the midrange cone its full extension, KEF's ingenious Z-flex surround guides the sound from the tweeter across the surround without any disturbance or secondary radiation. Treble response is clearer and sweeter.
FEA-Designed Cabinet: The FEA-designed cabinet with its constrained layer damping bracing and precision engineered curved baffle, along with the elliptical flexible port all work in concert to prevent cabinet vibration and resonances that produce unwanted sound coloration for clear, spacious, distortion-free sound.
- Curved Baffle: The curved baffle is shaped so that the sound waves spread from the drivers with minimum reflection from the edges which gives a very nice spacious sound. The curvature also improves the rigidity of the baffle which reduces vibration and sound coloration.
- Constrained Layer Damping: The constrained layer damping which is between the brace and the enclosure walls and also the front baffle, prevents the cabinet from vibrating and radiating sound. This helps to prevent coloration in the midrange.
- Flexible Port Tube: The rear-firing port tube has a flexible wall which allows midrange sound that is travelling down the port tube to escape back into the cabinet and prevents longitudinal resonances; which can otherwise radiate and cause midrange coloration. The port tube also has very carefully flared walls to avoid the chuffing noises that you can hear when you get air turbulence inside the port. Two foam port plugs are included to seal the cabinet if the bass is too "boomy" because of speaker placement.
Binding Post Terminals: On the rear of each speaker cabinet is a pair of heavy-duty binding post terminals to connect your speaker wire (sold separately). The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single only).
Mounting Options: The KEF LS50 bookshelf loudspeakers can be simply mounted on a stand, shelf, table top, or other flat surface. The KEF GFS-524 LS50 speaker stands (sold separately) are custom-designed specifically for the LS50 bookshelf speakers. The speakers should be mounted 18" to 28" from the floor and spaced 6' to 10' apart. They should be "toed" in slightly to the main listening area. Eight self-adhesive rubber feet (four for each speaker) are included to provide a secure non-slip, protective mounting surface. The feet add approximately 0.1875" to the overall height of the speaker.
- reference-level performance in a "mini monitor" design
- ideal for a high-end stereo music system
- Uni-Q® driver array technology makes your entire room sound like the "sweet spot"
- 5-1/4" magnesium/aluminum alloy woofer
- 1" vented aluminum dome tweeter
- frequency response: 79-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- for deep, hard-hitting bass consider adding a powered sub to complement the LS50s
- sensitivity: 85 dB
- high-current amplification from a quality power amp or integrated amplifier is recommended for best performance
- impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 25-100 watts
- constrained layer damping prevents cabinet rattling and vibrations
- curved baffle design ensures smooth soundwave dispersion with minimal reflection
- bass-reflex cabinet with elliptical rear port for accurate, musical bass
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- high gloss piano black finish
- 7-15/16"W x 11-15/16"H x 10-15/16"D
- weight: 15.8 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- MFR # LS50
Have Questions About This Product? Message us here or:
Email Us At: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Us At: 315-458-5000